- The BNB chain has announced the launch of Game Jam, a Web3 gaming event that will take place in person on January 24th in London.
- The event invites game developers to showcase their skills in a 4-week game building challenge.
BNB Chain hopes to provide a hub for Web3 game enthusiasts to build and connect their networks. Game Jams host exciting new gaming landscapes for attendees to explore. There will also be an engaging developer contest to encourage new games in the ecosystem.
Following an in-person networking event in London, the BNB chain has revealed that it will launch an online competition open to game developers around the world. From February 1st to February 28th, the BNB Chain Game Jam Showdown will feature contests, mentorship workshops, and prizes for top submissions across multiple platforms.
Here are the developer sweepstakes details:
- Starting February 1st, teams of up to 4 developers can participate in the 4-week challenge on the BNB Chain Game Jam page.
- The event is completely remote. Developers can participate from anywhere in the world.
- During the event, BNB Chain will host a series of workshops on game design, art design and blockchain development.
- Once the event is complete, teams will be required to upload their games for evaluation.
- Game submissions are split into four categories: mobile, PC, web, and another category for on-chain integration.
- Submissions are evaluated based on how well the game is developed.
- BNB chains share that they are rated based on factors such as gameplay, graphics, user experience, accessibility, and BNB chain integration.
- Judges will weight the criteria equally, with each submission containing a detailed description of how the team met each criterion.
Winning entries from each category will advance to Most Valuable Builder 6 (MVB6), Binance Labs’ BNB-focused accelerator program. Additionally, the top three submissions in each category will be promoted on Twitter and receive a Kickstarter Pack. Finally, the winner of the on-chain category will get priority consideration for his next game subsidy on the BNB chain and his BNB chain support.
The BNB chain shared that it will announce the winner on March 24, 2023. The community-driven blockchain aims to surge development activity on its network with this event. It is also intended to promote healthy competition in the ecosystem.
on the flipside
- Of the seven projects selected in the previous MVB season, only two GameFi projects were Gameta and Meta Apes.
why you should care
Web3 games are at the forefront of crypto development. Web3 Games continued to develop, expand its team, and pitch new products while the cryptocurrency market was in turmoil. BNB Game Jams allow projects and developers to continue building and innovating while fostering healthy competition and networking.
You may also like:
Thetan Arena becomes one of OpenSea’s first BNB chain partners
Watch the original on DailyCoin